Tuesday, April 26, 2011

St Patricks Day Dinner

On St. Patricks Day I went and ate cornbeef and cabbage (Keith hates cabbage so he no go) at our Pine Run Community Hall with all of the seniors. I have made new friends. :) The first thing we did was have a prayer and the next was say the pledge of allegiance to the flag. I havn't done that since the 6th grade. I felt like I was back at my 1950's pot luck dinners at church. Dinner comes and the cabbage was not done and the cornbeef was as tuff as old shoe leather. The old people were just complaining and complaining. The lady across from me is saying this is really bad. I am oh its not that bad. I did not want to hurt anyones feelings. So I was trying and trying to cut the cornbeef, but it was not going well. I looked up and the ladies are staring at me and the one lady said to me, now you want to tell me the meat is not tuff. I laughed so hard. I really had such a good time. Like I said it brought back memories of a 1950's church pot luck dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment