Sunday, May 15, 2011

The wild 60's painted house Flower Power

Many of you have heard me tell this story of how back in 1967 my parents were going to have the house sided and the day before I decided to paint a little flower on the house. (The little flower is the one next to the front door).  Hey it was the 60's.   Well the other neighborhood kids saw me doing this and they decided to join in.  They went and got paint and ladders and before you know it my little flower is now out of hand.  Above the front door in glow in the dark paint was the words  Nancys Hole.  Yes it glowed in the dark and you could see it from a block away.  There were giant peace signs and flowers and sayings.  Oh yes and on the side of the house was Roger is a hot hot hotdog.  It really was something to see.  My parents didn't really mind because as I stated the house was being sided the next day.  Well mother nature had other ideas.  You see it rained and rained and rained so the house stayed that way for about 3 weeks.  The neighbors were not really happy because of the traffic of endless cars driving passed to see this wild house.  I am not going to tell which one is me in the picture.  I will let you have some fun in trying to pick me out.    I know up to this point you all thought I was just telling you a good story about the painted house but here is the picture to prove it.  It made the front page of  The Journal Times.  Also for you history buffs my parents house is a 1927 Sears and Roebuck home.  For security purposes I did block out the address.

No comments:

Post a Comment