Friday, October 7, 2011

Nancy's Funny Life Stories.......My Mother and the pink daisies

It is hard to believe but it has been 3 years ago today that mom passed.  In remembering my mother I have a funny story to share with you.  The year is 1970 and mom has now been a widow for less than 2 years and she just started working so money was tight.  The roof on the house had a small leak which in turn made some crackling in the ceiling in the livingroom.  Not having the money to replace the roof my mother had a great idea.  I came home one day from high school and found mother in the livingroom on the ladder.  She had cut out of construction paper large pink and yellow daisies and was pasting them on the ceiling to coverup the crackling.  You cannot imagine how embarrassed I was when one of my friends came over and saw the large pink and yellow dasies on the ceiling.   Fast forward.... when mom did have the money she put in a drop ceiling in the livingroom.  One the ceilings are very high and the second was to cover the daisies.  If anyone ever takes the drop ceiling down they will have a good laugh at the pink and yellow daisies.

No comments:

Post a Comment