Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My feral kitten babies

I have been crying for 3 days since I made the decision to take them to the Humane Society.  Trust me when I tell you, I did not want to do this, but I just don't have the money for the vet.  I took them in this morning in the pouring rain.  I guess the clouds felt as sad as I did.  At the Humane Society they will stay there until they are adopted. Since they were only babies they will probably be adopted within a few days of being up for adoption.  The guy at the HS did say that Mickey had something going on in his belly, since he was so boney but had this huge polar bear tummy.  I already knew that.  They have 10 vets on site so they would get immediate checkup and medication.  They are now both over 2 pounds so when they are healthy the will get spade and neutered.  I gave them instructions and signed papers that if they would have to be put down for health or behavioral issues to call me.  If they think they can't be adopted because they are unfriendly, not to me.  They love me.  I did not search for them and feed them and rescue them for them to end up dead cats.   They will try to have them adopted together but can not guarantee that.  They do background checks on perspective parents so they will hopefully go to a good home.  I was so depressed I could not even go shopping.  Now that is depressed.  I figure another day of crying then I will be ok.  I never fostered pets before and I really do not know how people do it.  Whether they foster human babies or animal babies how do you turn them over without it ripping out your heart.  I know I will never forget the 2 little babies that came into my heart.   Minnie Kittie and Mickey Kittie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment