Friday, January 27, 2012

The Funny For The Day........................I didn't order salmon

Yesterday my husband and I went to the movies and saw Sherlock Holmes.  I liked it, once I figured out what was going on.  After the movie we went to Red Lobster for dinner.  I had shrimp and my husband had shrimp and steak.  Our waitress was very nice and the food was delicious.  After dinner when we got our bill, I looked at it and was like, this is not our bill.  I had already given the waitress my card so the bill was already rung up.  So she had left to go to the register and I said what a minute, I did not order salmon or wine.  She looked at me confused and said what, and I replied I did not order salmon or wine.  She came flying over to the table and grabbed the bill and just crumbled it up into a ball.  She was not happy.  She explained it was going to take awhile to straighten this out.  She had to get the manager etc.  I just thought it was funny.  I know this bill was cheaper than our bill would have been and I should have just shut my mouth and pay the cheaper bill, but my parents taught me to be honest.  When it was finally straightened out the waitress just said thank you thank you for being so honest.  I would have lost my job over this.  I was like what, you would have been fired because of this.  She said yes because it had happened before.  She was so happy and just shook our hands and said thank you thank you.   Would the $10.00 that I would have saved been worth this women loosing her job over a simple mistake no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment