Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I finally found the perfect cookie jar

I love to make cookies and I think I have searched for the perfect cookie jar forever.  Mind you I have been married for 36 years.  Up to this point I have been using a cookie jar that my mother-in-law made of Big Bird when daughter was little.  Before that it was tupperware.  About a month ago while shopping at Macy's there it was, the perfect cherry red cookie jar.  Yes my cookie jar is always filled.  I love to bake cookies.  In fact, I just finished making cookies.   When I was little we had a black cookie jar with a picture of a little boy on it.  It probably was from the 1920's or 1930's.  It belonged to my grandmother.  Sometime after I was married, I decided to ask mother if I could have the cookie jar and her reply was....that old thing.   I gave that away a long time ago.  Thanks to all of the on line selling places, I have been looking for my grandmothers / moms  cookie jar.  Still no luck.  I will keep looking.  I am sure it will turn up somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment