Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nancy's Recipe Box..............................Pizza

We love Pizza.  Back when my husband and I first started dating,  Friday or Saturday night was Pizza date night.  Now 36 years later, we still eat pizza on Saturday night.   There are good pizza chains out there and we do have really good Italian restaurants in town.  But the problem with the Italian resturants is the pizza is huge and there is only 2 sizes huge and gigantic.  So for the 2 of us, homemade pizza is the best.  It is easy and quick to make.  It takes less time to make and bake a pizza than it is to go get it.  I prefer homemade crust where my husband likes the original Boboli pizza crust you can buy in the grocery store.  I use either the Boboli pizza sauce or Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce.  Again here is where making your own pizza is the best.   My husband likes more sauce on it than I do.  So for his side it gets more sauce then my side.  Sprinkle on top of the sauce some oregano.  Again he likes more oregno than I do. So I say, sprinkle to taste.  Cheese, you cannot skimp on the cheese.  I use only Sargento mozzarella shredded cheese in the 2 cup bag.  Use the regular shredded not the fine.  You cannot use the bargain cheese as it comes out like rubber.  It does not have that cheesie pull like real mozzarella cheese.   We like pepperoni and of course he wants more, where I want less.  He also likes  Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage and I do not.  Add onions or green peppers.  Put on what you like and how much you like.  You can't go wrong and I think once you start making your own pizza's you won't go back to the takeout pizza again. 

Last but not least, is the pizza screen that you bake it on.  QVC sells a great pizza screen.  You get 2 for $24.95 item number K21594.  It is customer top rated.  You can bake other things on it besides pizza.  That is the screen that my pizza is sitting on.

Also,  like Johnsonville Italian Sausage on Facebook and get a $1.00 off coupon for Italian Sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment