Friday, February 17, 2012

The Funny For The Day...........................Do you want to hear a joke?

Several stories ago I told you about the old man in the grocery store that held my cart hostage.  While I was writing that I remembered a story that happened about 20 years ago.

About 20 years ago or so everytime I went to the grocery store I would run into this very nice elderly Jewish man.  He would come up to me and say do you want to hear a joke and then precede to tell me a very old Jewish joke.  They were funny but they were so old.  I don't why he always picked on me, but he did.   Oh we would also talk about anything he wanted to talk about after he told me his joke.  This went on for about a year and truthfully I looked forward to seeing him every week.  Then he was gone.  I never knew his name or what happened to him, but everytime I hear a old Jewish joke I think of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment