Monday, April 16, 2012

The Funny For The Day........................Guess what I saw

Today while walking in the park with my friend Phyllis and our dogs I stopped Phyllis and I said what is that?  I was afraid to walk any further as I had no idea what I was looking at.  It was huge and it had it back to us so all I could see was this shell.  She just laughed and said, oh that is just a Gopher Turtle.  I had one living under my Florida room but I never saw it.  He was as larger than a dinner plate.  We went up to it to get a better look and the dogs went crazy barking at it.  This little guy hisses like a cat and I am telling you they move really fast for a turtle.  He got inside the enclosed fence area and we felt bad for him trying to get out.  We were just standing there talking and I turned around and there he was.  It only took him a couple of minutes to dig under the fence and he was free at last.  He went walking across the park and into the wooded area.  Hopefully he will have enough smarts not to cross the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment