- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 100% bran cereal (not flakes)
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine bananas and buttermilk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana, beating well after each addition. Stir in bran, apricots and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf(16 slices).