Sunday, April 15, 2012

The not so funny for the day...................I hate this

This is the not so funny for the day.  I am really not happy about this at all.  I have receding gums.  It is something I inherited.  Lucky me.  About 23 years ago I had the surgery where the skin on the roof of your mouth is removed and then grafted to the gum area that is receding.  It is not fun.  It hurts like hell and you cannot eat etc.  Last week I had what I thought was a canker sore in my mouth so I was gargling with salt water.  The inside of my cheek hurts so last night I stuck my finger in my mouth and was feeling around for whatever it is and I found it.  My first reaction was oh no.  I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.  There poking out out of the skin from the bottom of my jaw is the tip of the bone of my tooth or root.  I don't know at this time.  That bone tip is whats rubbing against the inside of my cheek.  Needless to say I did not sleep very well last night.  I am scared.  I do not want to do the skin grafting thing all over again.  I don't know maybe they are going to have to pull the tooth.  Who knows.  The last thing it could be as we get older bones shrink and maybe a bone broke off and is floating around coming out of the skin.  In any case this is not good.  Tomorrow I get to call the dentist that did the original surgery and see what he says.  I am going to find out if I should see a dentist here first or just go home.  How much time do I have before that tooth falls out of my mouth or worse develops into having a root canal.  What this means is, instead of going home in 3 weeks are we going to have to leave asap.   I am not driving for 2 days in extreme pain.  Oh heaven help me.  This is not good and I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment