Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I am going to DisneyWorld after I graduate

Last Sunday all the schools in our city celebrated graduation from high school and college.  As I look back about 5 years I remember how my daughter celebrated her graduation from college.  I thought you might get a chuckle out of this.  Her graduation day ceremony was beautiful andl her dad and I were so proud of her.  She was a double major and graduated with honors.  Did she want a big party, that is how mom would have went but no she had other ideas.  As the day came close our daughter told us of her plans....she was going to DisneyWorld.  When?...right after the ceremony and what if the ceremony runs long.....then I guess I will leave in the middle of it.  Now my head is spinning.  Friends and relatives were there all watching the big event.  I was taking what pictures I could like a fool.  We did not have good seats so all I got was distant pictures.  Her boyfriend was there.  He is now her husband and almost to the end of the event he gets up and leaves....what is he doing....he has to go get the car and bring it to the curb so they can leave.  Too close,  the graduates are walking down the isle after the ceremony and daughter turns to us and waves goodbye.  Out the building she goes to her waiting car and they speed off to the airport to catch the plane to Florida.  DisneyWorld here we come.  Did mom get those once in a life time pictures of the graduate NO.   Other parents are in the hall all busy taking pictures but not me.  Thats my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment