Monday, December 24, 2012

White Christmas so many years ago

Tonight is Christmas Eve and I decided to write a Christmas story.  After alot of thought as to what to write here is my story.  During WWII my Aunt Mildred was in the Navy and stationed in the Pacific.   She was not going to be home for Christmas and had not been home for sometime.  After mom passed I was going through a box and I came across the sheet music for Irving Berlin's White Christmas.  My aunt had sent it to my mom for Christmas.   On the cover of the sheet music my aunt wrote...I will be dreaming of a White Christmas and I wish I was there with you now.  So to all of my family and friends both near and far,  I wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you have a White Christmas.   Also to our servicemen and women not at home with us now, let us give thanks and hope to see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment